Monday 10 August 2015

Cantaloupe Smoothie


~Back to Healthy Eating



For a few weeks now I have been eating pints and pints of Hagen Daz. 

and I am not really sure what it was that started this binge as I often really have to 'be in the mood' for Ice cream which usually only happens every few months on the norm.
Perhaps it was that it was on sale that week...$4.99, which is ridiculously cheap. That could have been what started it, but with that #breakingtheseal it promoted weeks of unhealthy eating, which is really unlike me. The pints of Hagen Daz was accompanied by countless bags of chips as well. 
True it is summer so I could very well use that as a plausible excuse however the weeks of unhealthy eating started to take a toll and I started to feel really sick and run down.

So when Root Cellar posted their weekly deals, which I get the newsletters for they had Cantaloupe on sale and posted a recipe for a 'Cantaloupe Smoothie'  which was calling my name....and like they say "The heart wants what it wants" 
Daughter #2 and I made a trip to The Root Cellar http://therootcellar.ca/   I bought all I needed to make the smoothie and headed back to her place....I didn't know what to expect because up till this point I have made my own smoothie's with no recipe for years and have grown accustom to them so this was an adventure....and HOLLY COW WOW!!!! #YUM 

It was so good I had to share it with everyone. 

Cantaloupe Smoothie

Ingredients:

1 small or 1/2 of a lg. Cantaloupe
1/2 a bunch of spinach (about 2-3 cups) ~rinsed/cleaned 
1 Juicy Peach
1 Lemon (juiced)
Sprigs of Mint
Tiny sprigs of Parsley (optional)
1/4 cup Coconut Water




                                              Whip up in your food processor or blender.

Enjoy!

P.S. I am feeling much better and I am back to healthy eating...and the Hagen Daz...well i PROBABLY  won't have any till December now...lol it's just how I roll.



#Smoothie #HealthyEating #RideHappy #CycleCafes #TheRootCellar #SummerTime





Cycling Cafe's Diva

                                                    "Uniting a Community; one Cyclist at a time"


                                                                 "RIDE HAPPY"


                                                  

This Blog and its content is Copyright © 2015 cyclecafes.com by Copiared Inc.
                                                All rights reserved

                                                                         


No comments:

Post a Comment